Hospice Team Assistant - #1432665
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Hospice Team Assistant today with Brookdale Hospice.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Brookdale Hospice, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Hospice Team Assistant. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for supporting the Clinical Services Manager and interdisciplinary team members. Acts as a liaison between field staff and the Clinical Services Manager. Responsible for maintaining open charts according to accepted standards and organizational policy.
- Updates the census report each day and distributes to interdisciplinary team members on team meeting day.
- Assists the Clinical Services Manager by ordering and maintaining appropriate inventory of medical supplies for field staff.
- Assists the Clinical Services Manager in maintaining schedules for field staff and notifying personnel and facilities of changes in assignments. Assists the Clinical Services Manager and collaborates on scheduling hospice associate visits and admissions.
- Assists the Clinical Services Manager, as requested, in preparing for team meetings.
- Maintains open charts by filling all clinical documentation in a timely manner.
- Processes treatment plans, interim physician orders, and recertification of prognosis, as required.
- Reviews files weekly and follows up with the Clinical Services Manager/Team Member on deficiencies in paperwork.
- Maintains open medical records in designated area according to hospice policy and procedures.
- Participates in Q.I., activities, chart audits and other related duties, as assigned.
- Prepares for team IDG meeting by having appropriate patient charts ready for the meeting. Prepares the Plan of Care updates, and other related duties, as assigned.
- Assists by answering phones, taking messages, and greeting visitors.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Minimum one year previous clinical experience preferably in a medical setting or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written and verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- High School Graduate / GED
Our Hospice agency supports not only the physical health but also the human spirit of our patients and their support networks. When physical health begins to fail, the nurturing of the spirit becomes critical for maintaining the dignity of the person. We treat the whole person - emotionally, socially, spiritually and physically by providing comfort and support to patients and their families in the comfort of their home. Our services include skilled nursing, counseling services, pastoral care, and volunteer support
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Hospice Team Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.