Environmental Services Rep - #1527648
Deaconess Health System
Join our Team
We are looking for compassionate, caring people to join our talented staff of health care professionals as we continue to grow to be the preferred, regional health care partner in our community.
The Environmental Services (EVS) Department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Within the Deaconess Environmental Services department, we strive to help our staff be successful and confident with any position they hold. New EVS Representatives will be in training for a minimum of 2 weeks. EVS department has an educator on staff to train employees on departmental practices and protocols. Within the title of Environmental Services Representative there are 4 main roles: Housekeeper, Waste Processor, Project Worker, and Floor Care Technician.
- Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms, hospital departments and public areas according to established cleaning protocols.
- Waste Processors will be accountable for properly packaging transporting waste (general waste, recycling, shred materials, regulated waste, etc.) to collection points located inside and outside for disposal.
- Project Workers will be involved in furniture relocation, room curtain removal/re-hanging, operation of UV sterilization light, pest control, event set up, and assisting with sanitization when necessary.
- Floor Care Technicians (2nd and 3rd shift only) will maintain and refinish the floors throughout the hospital. Carpet cleaning will also be a requirement.
- Competitive pay and potential for growth
- Consistent scheduling
- Uniforms provided for Environmental Services employees
- Shift incentive and weekend option positions available
- Full Time, Part Time, and Supplemental positions (overtime typically available)
- No mandatory overtime
- Yearly opportunity for pay increases and bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses available
- Great health benefits and retirement savings plans
- Completion of High School or GED preferred
- Full-time and Part-time employees must work every other weekend and rotating holidays.
- No experience needed.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must have a positive attitude, good communication skills, and good work ethic.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to speak English fluently and be able to communicate effectively.
Why Choose Deaconess?
Deaconess is one of the largest, local employers in the tristate area and is consistently recognized as a leader in healthcare at the state and national levels. Compassion for patients and dedication to the community are core values of Deaconess and have been since our founding in 1892. We value our employees and offer an extensive benefits package. Throughout the Health System, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Come join us and find a CAREER you can love.
Location: Deaconess Health System · Environmental Services
Schedule: Full Time - 80, Evening