Model Kindergarten Paraprofessional - 29.5 Hours - #1624607
Goshen Community Schools
The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2021-22 school year:
Model Elementary School
POSITION PURPOSE: Assists the teacher/consultant in meeting students’ personal, social, and instructional needs related to the individual education plans and regular classroom curriculum as needed by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions satisfactorily.
- Provides instruction as directed by the teachers.
- Implements activities developed by the teachers.
- Collects and summarizes student progress data as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Provides general supervision to students under teacher’s direction.
- Monitors students’ social and vocational abilities through written documentation and observation.
- Communicates programmatic information to the teachers.
- Displays flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the students.
- Knows how to implement emergency procedures.
- Keeps inventory records current and tracks location of educational materials that have been checked out.
- Adapts classroom materials (enlarge, record, braille, produce tactile books).
- Facilitates communication process between regular education teachers
- Attends trainings or other meetings if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass the Para Pro test, be Para Pro certified, OR have 60 hours of college credit
- Six months to a year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence
- Ability to plan and organize good work habits
- Other qualifications that the school district may require
SALARY: $13.00-$13.60, rate is dependent upon education and/or experience. (Schedule #21-1)
HOURS: 180 days per year; 29.5 hours per week; 7:30am - 2:30pm
BENEFITS: Eligibility is based upon hours worked and can be reviewed during your interview. Benefit information can be found online at https://www.goshenschools.org/hr/benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS: In order to be considered, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
CURRENT GCS EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
For questions regarding this position please contact:
Model Elementary School
412 S. Greene Road
Goshen, IN 46526
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.