Program Director - #1634594
State of Indiana
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Indiana Department of Transportation:
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) provides a dynamic workplace that serves Indiana citizens, improves our state’s quality of life, and enhances its economic opportunity. INDOT has a number of innovative programs and projects, including Public-Private Partnerships, Green Initiatives, and cutting-edge uses of materials and assets. As part of the State of Indiana, INDOT offers a competitive total compensation package, as well as outstanding work/life balance. Whether you are an established professional in the transportation field or just starting your career, INDOT has exciting and challenging opportunities for you.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of this role.
The salary for this position is commensurate based upon education and/or work experience.
About the Job:
The District Customer Service Manager ensures that the best customer service is provided by the District Customer Service staff, supervising the District Resolution Specialist and Front Desk Reception/Backup Resolution Specialist. This individual coordinates and directs internal and external communications for District Customer Service, and develops and manages communication channels and messaging between INDOT and its key customers as well as overseeing district relevant responses on behalf of the District Deputy Commissioner, Agency Commissioner and the Governor. The Customer Service Manager drives coordination between internal divisions to ensure that customer service requests are met in a timely and satisfactory manner for the traveling public. Customers include, but are not limited to, private citizens, other state agencies, local public agencies, businesses, law enforcement and legislators. This position works with District Customer Service Staff and Customer Service Center staff to encourage, assist and facilitate communication plan development.
A Day in the Life:
- Manage Customer Service Center inquiries to ensure they are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Manage customer inquiries and route through the correct organizational path for timely resolution.
- Directly oversee the customer service processes within the District and reconcile differences to State best practices.
- Review, edit and approve responses to ensure they are accurate, respectful and professional.
- Prepare responses on behalf of the District Deputy Commissioner, Agency Commissioner and/or Governor.
- Research and provide accurate information to the Legislative Director in responding to inquiries and record retention through the customer service database.
- Hire, train and evaluate District Customer Service staff.
- Develop and deliver schedules, policies and performance metrics for the District Customer Service Team.
- Communicate pertinent information to staff to aid in their duties and/or assist them with responses to customer inquiries.
- Maintain required record retention of agency correspondence.
- Oversee performance metrics that are measured through INDOT Answers and ServiceNow. Ensure metrics are accurate and data is up-to-date. Utilize this tool to aid the agency in monitoring all customer service activities.
- Develop, implement and distribute pertinent reports using various tools such as ServiceNow, INDOT Answers and Construction Status Reports to District Communications Director, District Deputy Commissioner and various district and Central Office staff to aid in evaluation of agency customer service performance.
- Assist with peer group meetings for agency customer staff, facilitate breakout sessions, and provide training for district customer service staff.
- Oversee projects/tools that aid district customer service staff such as the call centers and interface between the Work Management System (WMS) and Global Emergency Management (GEM).
- Develop and set in place policies and best practices to standardize effective business practices in the District and across District boundaries.
What You'll Need for Success:
- Associate’s Degree or 2 years’ experience in the customer service or communications fields.
- Extensive knowledge (general and organizational) of INDOT.
- Computer skills with knowledge of WMS, GEM, INDOT Answers, PeopleSoft, ServiceNow and Microsoft Office suites.
- Ability to manage staff in a supportive, cordial and harmonious atmosphere while enabling them to fulfill Customer Service Center and INDOT goals.
- Good verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This role provides direct supervision for one or more staff members.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.