Medical Assistant or EMT - American Health Network, Part of Optum - #1661227
Opportunities with American Health Network, OptumCare partner. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also an OptumCare partner, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being
Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its providers, its role in health care, and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant or EMT performs a variety of duties related to providing patient care.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilizing equipment
- Room patients, obtain health history, check vital signs and perform EKG’s
- Administer injections and collect specimens
- Document patient care using NextGen electronic medical record software
- Schedule appointments, complete prior authorizations, process medication refills, handle referrals, answer calls and complete paperwork
- Assist physicians and nurse practitioners with minor, in-office procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant diploma / degree, or 2+ years of experience working as a medical assistant in lieu of formal diploma, or an active EMT certification
- Ability to commute to the office location(s)
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Certification (CMA or RMA)
- EMR / EHR experience
- Experience with NextGen medical record software
- CPR certification
- Experience with medical back office duties including vitals, phlebotomy, and injections
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RMA, CMA, Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, EMT, Marion IN