Production Supervisor - CALP - #1840783
Commonwealth Rolled Products Inc
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Production Supervisor to our CALP team. The purpose of this role is to lead the execution of plans for our CALP Department. This position will monitor and keep production running with the task of maximizing productivity and quality; engage the team to drive a continuous improvement culture to eliminate waste, overburden and variability in manufacturing processes; act as a role model for safety by demonstrating behaviors that align with the Commonwealth Rolled Products safety principles and hold the team accountable for results; and provides leadership, direction, coaching and development to motivate and sustain high levels of employee performance.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Leverage the Commonwealth Rolled Products Safety System and Safety Principles to create a zero injury culture.
- Support the implementation of processes (safety observations, housekeeping audits, etc.) that reveal safety hazards, and develop sustainable corrective actions.
- Conduct daily safety crew briefings.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are being executed by his/her team in order to ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure the team is being retrained on the relevant safety procedures in accordance with the HSE Department’s schedule.
- Investigate and document safety related incidents in the assigned area and report out on incidents.
- Ensures that the daily production goals for throughput, quality, target date and cost are being achieved by his or her team.
- Ensures that a safe job execution has priority over a quick job execution.
- Conducts capacity planning and resource allocation for short and medium term production demands.
- Ensures the availability of materials needed to complete production requirements.
- Participates in and conducts Safety and Production Meetings.
- Ensures that quality requirements, sample taking, documentation and report keeping are being executed by his/her team.
- Ensures deviations from the standard process are effectively communicated to the relevant people/functions.
- Monitors correctness of material used for production.
- Conducts layered process audits (LPAs) to improve quality, reduce scrap and rework and reduced internal and external customer rejections.
- Ensure communication across shifts occurs regarding production concerns, overtime, manning, status of work assignments or any other item that may impact production.
- Communicate and work closely with your Superintendent regarding the status of production.
- Engages with his/her team to develop and implement standard work.
- Engages his/her team to drive a continuous improvement culture to eliminate waste, overburden and variability in manufacturing processes.
- Participate in productivity, safety and quality improvement projects.
- Supports developing solutions for cost reduction and yield improvement.
Management and Leadership
- Inspires employees to perform at high levels.
- Sets and communicates clear performance standards and holds direct reports accountable for results.
- Conducts performance appraisals and maintains performance metrics to monitor employee results; identify and initiate improvements for development and/or training.
- Provides on-going coaching, feedback and development to increase employee performance and production.
- Communicates effectively with direct reports and resolves conflicts within and between individual team members.
- Ensure employees are paid accurately and held accountable for time missed by tracking attendance and entering data in the timekeeping system.
- Ensure all vacancies are filled by managing and scheduling employees for overtime as needed.
- Adhere to all applicable rules in the Labor Agreement.
- High school diploma / GED required.
- At least 5+ years related work experience with leadership responsibility required.
- Has the ability to understand the manufacturing process and technical knowledge to ensure product quality and flow.
- Has the ability to understand how activities impact cash conversion, EBITDA and other key financial metrics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety policies and procedures, HR policies, standard work documents, maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, charts etc.
- Ability to rotate shifts in a 24/7 operation.
- Postsecondary degree
- Experience in a union environment
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and are most closely aligned with the requirements of the positions.
- 5 year(s): Related work experience with leadership responsibility
- High School or better